Sunday, November 21, 2021

Password

 

I remember seeing an old Marx Brothers movie once and their password was swordfish.  Here’s the thing, I don’t remember what the movie was about or why they needed a password.  That all took place years and years ago, and in the grand scheme of what has been my life, seeing that movie was nothing more than an insignificant speck of time.  So why, over all these years and events do I remember swordfish but couldn’t tell you what I had for dinner yesterday?

I liked the Marx Brothers much more than the Three Stooges.  If I remember right, I believe by age 5 I had outgrown the antics of the Stooges, but the Marx Brothers played more with words than props.  It was the word play that kept my attention and made me laugh.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Neil deGrasse Tyson.  I really enjoy listening to him talk about anti-matter and dark matter, and even through he doesn’t much get into gray matter, I still enjoy…well, it doesn’t matter.  You get the idea.

Anyway, as we make our way through this Sunday, take a moment to email an old friend or lost acquaintance, if only to say – “Swordfish”.

 

They’ll wonder what’s the matter with you.

 

Hey, there’s yet another kind of matter.




1 comment:

Pauline said...

"SWORDFISH"!! Now that would be a great password! No one (but you) would ever get it! I have one friend and one son that can never remember their passwords so perhaps I will suggest this one. However, they may still forget it and just remember it was some kind of a fish and start with guppy or salmon! But you are right - this just doesn't matter!

However, I never did see any of the Marx brothers' movies - Just remember You Bet Your Life with Groucho! Funny and very entertaining!