Friday, November 5, 2021

A Bad Poem with an Expired Meter

 

A flat rock at the edge of the lake

Seemed perfect for a chair,

So with the lunch that I did make,

I climbed out and sat there.

Today, I thought I’d watch the fish,

Dangle my feet and make a wish,

As the day’s Sun rose, fish nibbled my toes,

When the morning breeze swept

A turtle up crept –

With a snap and a yell,

I quickly could tell –

I had grabbed the wrong lunch

What the Hell!

There was mustard on my lettuce

Peach instead of pears –

There was fuzz around the peaches,

That looked like little hairs,

A tomato ripe and juicy, was a flat and squishy mess,

My jeans – turns out, weren’t jeans at all –

But someone else’s dress,

Hey! This isn’t me I yelled –

I’m the sister, Susie-Q

Be sure to check when heading out -

The persons really you.





1 comment:

Pauline said...

I Laughed! Your meter is not expired!