Friday, February 19, 2021

Welcome, but...

 

How did you find me -

how did you know?

I stay out of the light,

I type quiet and slow –

I thought I was hidden

tucked under this maze

of twitters and tweeters

and that whole Facebook craze,

Did somebody tell you –

have you come very far?

I thought I was stealthy

below the radar,

I write when I’m sober

I eat over the sink –

I’ve not dropped a crumb

at least, I don’t think…

So how did you find me

I’m not listed in books –

Did you simply go fishing

using unsharpened hooks –

My rhymes are atrocious

my meter expired –

I’d never be drafted

selected or hired –

With clothes out of fashion

and minimal hair –

In a line-up they’d pick

that guy over there.

Did you stand on the shore

and cast out a line -

with hopes that the blog

you caught would be mine?

Just how did you find me

my nerves frayed and wrought 

it's one in a million

I'd ever get caught. 



Really.  Who looks up Zobostic?











 




 

 

 

 

No comments: