Friday, April 5, 2019

It's A Corwin Thing

I will forever be in the wrong lane.  In every blog entry there will be at least one word spelled incorrectly, either due to me or from the computer changing it to what it thinks I want.


Although I can read a map, never have I had a sense of direction, however, playing with words like I do, I can always tell a J-walk from a U-turn.  (Sorry, just goofing around there.)


The doctor will never give me enough anesthetic, the dentist will always fail to administer adequate Novocain and the same week I buy a new shirt someone will have me over for spaghetti.


For whatever reason I've never been able to breathe through my nose.  For most of my life I have worn two pair of socks at the same time.  I did it the first time when buying new shoes.  I didn't want to get home only to discover they were too tight.  When I got home I found the shoes fit just fine so I just kept wearing two pairs of socks.  After a while it was just habit.


If I set my mind to something, like taking a close-up picture of a pelican, I'll never ever see one again if I have my camera with me.


Whenever I like a food product so much as to mention it to someone, guaranteed it will be discontinued.  I will hear about an amazing deal right after it is too late to do anything about it.


I do not, however, consider myself cursed.  I accept the fact that I will always make the wrong turn, choose the wrong direction and be one card short of a straight.  It is simply my lot in life, and it is somewhere along that wrong road that I will have a great adventure or discover a new friend.  It is just who I am.


I know it.  My friends know it.


And now so do you.




Zobostic Corwin



No comments: