Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Pillow without a Blanket is just a Coffin


 
I’d like a skylight in my coffin

just to watch the worms go by

Erosion may eventually

allow a view of sky

I’d like a faucet and a drinking glass

and somewhere put a drain

I’ll need a favorite tune or melody

stuck here in my brain

I’d like a cell phone

free of monthly dues

and a credit card to boot

A PO Box in someplace nice

somewhere to stash my loot

I’ll need some wheels along my coffin

like a soapbox derby ride

A steering wheel and mirrors

with flames on either side

I’ll need to scoot around in Heaven

be a blur around the place

For I’ve done some things while here on earth

that no one can erase

I’ll need a sidecar on my coffin

with springs that flex and bend

should I come across an angel

that would dare to be my friend.

 

No comments: