Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Writer Within


This is not a How Too article, nor will you lose any weight by following its simple guidelines.  It is meant to inspire creativity in you – the writer.  Yes you, the one who should be writing instead of reading this.   By the way, I have removed the guidelines for clarity.

I wrote this as a result of many long and tedious years working against myself.  I was going against the grain.  I was a writer.  I knew I was a writer and loved to write.  I loved the English language, the power of words and the ever present challenge of spelling those words correctly. 

The problem was, I worked in a factory.  I was working with my hands and spending my life trying to fit into a world that lacked punctuation.  I was surrounded by humorless, goal oriented managers whose language was expressed through charts and graphs, none of which seemed to have a plot.

I may not be able to teach you creativity but I can lead by example.  I can share with you some of my random thoughts; I can create pictures in your mind and tell you a few stories.  By the end of the journey you will see that you never need to have film in your camera.  You can go through life with a blank canvas, fresh brushes and no paint.  Your mind is the film; your thoughts are the paint.

So go ahead…  Turn the page; explore the inner workings of this blog.  Wander about and ignore reality for the moment.  Lose yourself in the swirls of emerald green, and in the startling black and white of the second hand.

 

 

 

I’ll wait here.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Still wandering..................