Thursday, February 6, 2014

Some May Not Agree




It started with a loud, unusual noise.  It continued long enough for me to get up and go investigate.  It was the FedEx truck trying to make its rounds, but the thing had gotten stuck in front of my neighbor’s house. 



            The more the driver tried to get it unstuck, the more his tires would spin, smoke and squeal, which is the noise that I heard.



            I watched for just a few minutes to see if he was going to get himself free, but he was only digging in deeper.



            I walked back into my garage and retrieved a large bucket of kitty litter.  My thinking was that I could toss it under the tires of the truck to give him a little traction.



            The bucket was heavy and it was difficult walking so I only made it half way when I saw him finally break free.



            I turned around and headed back home. 



            I don’t think the fact that the kitty litter was not new should sully the spirit of my good intention.



No comments: