Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Laminated Rats

 
  




 

 

            Yes, I can tell you exactly why I keep coming back to this blog; for one thing Zobostic doesn’t use teaser titles like those Yahoo journalists.  I find that very annoying.

 
       In here I find in-depth stories like the one last October by Barb Wire.  I think it was called, On the Fence.   Or the article last week about the tainted dates discovered at the Christmas calendar luncheon.  And I love some of the poems - not the ones that get stuck in my head all day.  I hate when that happens.
 

It isn’t just rich, exquisitely done articles that draw me back again and again, it’s the feeling I get when I visit this blog, like I’m seeing an old friend, someone I’ve known all my life.  Well - not all, because it isn't over yet.

  Maybe not a friend I’d lend $3.00 too or even want to share my lunch with – not that kind of friend, more of a sole mate - someone who has walked in my shoes. 

Not these shoes here but my other ones.  The brown tie shoes with the man-made uppers, oil resistant bottoms, you know the ones.  It’s more of that kind of feeling.

Oh, I see.  You thought I was thinking soul mate.  Oh heavens no.  This isn't that kind of blog.

And I could have that whole soul mate thing confused with something else.  It's like when I misunderstood that speech I heard about the laminated rats.

Now THAT was embarrassing.  Turns out it wasn't rats...  I forget now what it was.

Doesn't matter.
 
 

 








 
 
 


No comments: