Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Windows 10

 

Years ago, there was a TV show called Treasure Hunt.  Contestants had to hunt through various boxes to find the treasure.  Back then, people found that to be entertaining.

 

That show must have been a favorite of Microsoft programmers, for as I attempt to find my way around Windows 10, I discover they have hidden key functions in various boxes.  Even the boxes are hidden.  Well-hidden.

 

I grow weary searching for things that in Windows 7 were obvious.  Key functions followed logical thinking, there was a natural progression, but Windows 10 has been designed to include insane configurations.  There are no intersections, only roundabouts and no signs indicating which exit to take. 

 

I expect the rational explanation would be attributed to my age.  I'm old.  If I were 35 years younger, my education would be less, my life experience would be less, and my cognitive inability would be more in line with today’s programmers.


I'm just saying...