Friday, May 24, 2024

In Real Life

 

There is a certain beauty with horses, both on canvas and in photographs.  There's a majestic feeling, almost noble, until you find yourself actually standing right next to one.  In real life they are much larger than you might think.  Their movement, even if slight, puts you on high alert, for they could, without even knowing, knock you over, or step on your foot. 

They have more of a scent as opposed to a smell.  That's not the same as horse sense.  Most people don't even have that.


In real life, I do not get nervous standing next to a canvas, and  I don't seem to worry looking at a photograph of a horse.  It's too far removed from actually being there.  As I type this, I suddenly notice a mosquito snacking on the back of my hand.  To that mosquito, I must be the size of a horse.  Is he concerned about my size?  Is he at all worried that a slight movement from me could ruin his day?  Nope.  He doesn’t seem the least bit bothered.

 

    “Hay!  I don't mean to be a nag, but stop biting me."






 

 You can all stop writing in.
I know it should be, Hey.
I was just being whimsical. 


1 comment:

Pauline said...

Horses are majestic animals and fun to ride. Hey - I never did get that pony Dad promised me:(