Wednesday, February 28, 2024

An Unsuspecting Tide

 

An unsuspecting tide

calculated to each final drip

upon each beach it shall not stop

and all my life it’s been the same

and yet, one caught me napping.

The sand, the rocks, the seagull’s cry

the breeze I felt each day, but why

I let one catch me napping.

My heart I shall now lay to rest

so many years beyond the nest

an unsuspecting tide at best

I think, did catch me napping.

To youth, I often did proclaim

before the dawn – to catch this name

but I, is who I have to blame

for it only twas I, napping.

Perhaps beyond a dreamlike shore

perhaps a soul and heart restore

to one not awfully close to shore

and certainly – not napping.




1 comment:

Pauline said...

I sat and pondered a comment to make,
but your words were like music to my ears.
My fingers did not move, the message was clear.
Yep - I was caught napping.