Wednesday, September 6, 2023

I Had to Know

 I can’t believe this is the first time this desk drawer has been pulled out all the way. Up against the back of the drawer, stuck between the back wood panel and the bottom panel was this business card.  It’s kind of an odd card, no name or business, just a phone number.  I was very tempted to call it just to see who it belonged to, but I first wanted to try and think if there was anyone in my past I didn’t, for whatever reason, want to contact.  Nobody came to mind right away, so I set the card on the coffee table for now.  I’d think about it some more first.

The following morning, I took a second look at the number. (844) 877-3456.  I don’t know why but it looked very familiar.  It must be someone from my past, maybe from school or an old job, I just wasn’t sure.  I don’t even know what part of the country the area code 844 is from.  If it were some insurance guy, then the name of the insurance company would be on the card, but there’s nothing.

Right after lunch I’m going to just call it and see who answers.  I just hope it isn’t some turkey from my past.


No comments: