Friday, February 3, 2023

Early Morning

 

 

    It is early morning, and nothing is in here but me and a mosquito.  I have noticed it buzzing around the desk lamp.  I expect it will be only a matter of time until it notices me sitting here.  Once it leaves the safety of the lamp it will, of course, become much more difficult to see.

    I could, I suppose, go out to the garage, and get a can of Raid.  My concern there is that I will end up inhaling more of the deadly poison than the mosquito.  I guess I could just smack him with the can, and not spray the thing at all.  For that matter, I could use my shoe.

    If it were not early morning, then I wouldn’t need to concern myself with being quiet, but as I am the only one awake, (except the mosquito) then I don’t wish to wake everyone by smacking at the drapes or lamp with a shoe.

    “What was that!”

    Go back to sleep, it was only me knocking over the desk lamp.

     If life goes on as it usually does, sometime later today I will find myself itching.  A small bump will arise, and I will know who won the battle.  I’m not really sure if I am just destined to be someone else’s snack or if the mosquito  just has better luck than me.






No comments: