Thursday, February 3, 2022

My Jar Collection

 

Oh jar in my window

you’ve sat there all night

Today is the day

you’ll gather sunlight

That’s when your lid

I’ll screw on real tight

Then use you each evening

as my little night light.


Oh jar in my pantry

you’re so full of beans

Your powers are greater

than things ever seen,

I have you for dinner

then sit down to rest

That’s when you put

my nose to the test.


To market – to market

it wasn’t too far

But a small flashing light

said my door was ajar

I’ll fill it with beans

I thought to myself

With one back at home

I’ll have two on the shelf.



 Oh jar in the fridge

with other things cold

Why do you turn green

when you get too old?

Why is it you’re fuzzy

I can’t really see

it’s so hard to tell

what you used to be

 

Oh jar in my garage

where I sometimes toil

are you Log Cabin syrup

or 30 weight oil?

should I have you on pancakes

out here in the garage

or carefully pour you

in my 42 Dodge?


















1 comment:

Pauline said...

I like it - I like it and I want more!!!
Time to get another jar from the grocery store!