Saturday, February 15, 2020

Dear Google

These are your instructions for backing up a blog:


Back up your blog

When you back up your blog, you get an .xml file of the posts and comments:
  1. In the top left, click the Down arrow Down Arrow.
  2. Click the blog to back up.
  3. In the left menu, click Settings and then Other.
  4. In the "Import & back up" section, click Back up Content and then Save to your computer.


Can anyone show me where this mystery down arrow is?  I have gone to the top left.  I have walked around with a flashlight and an electronic down arrow finder, but there is nothing there.  I guess it is altogether possible that when cleaning my monitor I accidentally wiped it off.

Okay, I'm back.  I checked my cleaning cloth and there is no down arrow there.  I did not see it on the floor and I have gone through the entire vacuum cleaner bag.  No arrow.  I did, however, find 8 cents.

Is this a little Microsoft humor?  Are you just having fun at my expense?  

"Let's see how long we can get someone to look for a non-existent arrow."


Should I go to the Microsoft store and download an arrow replacement?  Will I need monitor glue to stick it on, and which way should it point?  My down or your down?

Can I even afford a replacement arrow?  Does it need to be compatible with the other arrows that are hidden somewhere here and there, in various programs.  Say... can I just move one of those other arrows over to the top - left?

Maybe I'll try that.


You wait there, I'll be right back. 









No comments: