Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Fireflies


Were I a small ant, I expect the fireflies zooming across my backyard would appear as shooting stars in the night sky.  I would be in awe – looking up, my mouth probably open, wondering what mysteries exists beyond my little world.

And yet, if I were an ant who had gotten himself into an observatory and had gone unnoticed throughout the day, after hours I’d climb up to the monstrous telescope and look into the eye piece towards the heavens.  Of course I’d have no frame of reference, no education and most likely inadequate vision to see to the far end of the telescope.  What was I thinking climbing up here?  This is dumb.  I’m getting down.

Of course, were I an ant not afraid of heights, I could just as easily climb up the side of a Tesla Roadster, sneak into the glove compartment just before the car on top of this missile was launched into space by some rich guy.  I might get a little jostled during takeoff but once up there, traveling around... Wow!  How cool would it be to see all the fireflies?




If you look close -
I'm on the dash waving at the camera.
















No comments: