Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Perfect Paragraph


I wish, as a writer I could create a paragraph that, like a well painted face, would follow you as you walked across the room.  Those eyes – locked upon your every step, so captivating that you can’t pull your gaze away; you would keep staring at my paragraph as it looked back at you.

I’ve tried, but so far my best work seems to lag far behind anyone so inclined to look at it as they walk.  If they think of it at all it is too late, they are already several steps ahead – if not already into the next room.

Of course the other thing I envy is the lack of punctuation that artists have to deal with.   They can go directly from an azure blue right into an emerald green without so much as a comma in between.  If there is one I've never seen it. 

Here… you try.

I’ll place a photograph here and you look at it.  Study it.  See if you can spot the punctuation.

                         



No comments: