Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Antique Shop


I hadn’t seen them at first; in fact I didn’t even see them until the boy’s foot swinging caught my attention and I saw that his tennis shoe said PF Flyer on the side.  They were all together, sitting there along the bottom row of shelves.  The small sign said, Sold as Family only. English speaking.

There were two Grandparents, a Father, a Mother and two children.  The tag on the Grandfather read Cobbler, (cane sold separately).  The Grandmother’s tag said she had once played in the All American Woman’s Baseball League.  The Father’s tag simply read, Downsized, and the two children had tags that said they were proficient in Pong and Packman.

The tag on the Mother read; Cooks with bacon grease and lard, has been trained on both wood-burning and Propane stoves, sews by hand only.

I was impressed with the display but what could I possibly use them for?

The up-side however – they had the ability to dust themselves.
 
 
 

 

 

  

No comments: