Wednesday, July 24, 2024

The Miller Academy

 

And now

the end is near,

and I must face

the student body -

They kicked

me out of here

reports that I

was truly naughty,

I drank my share of beers

and not at all

in a shy way -

They said

the choice is yours,

to hit the highway.

My grades

they were askew

I failed each test

there is no question,

the beer, I did ingest

was warm and cheap

gave indigestion.

I belched in study hall

and might I say

not in a shy way -

Oh yes, I made a choice

I chose the highway.

 

                   Frank Sinatra 



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You’re making me thirsty!

Pauline said...

You are truly a magician with words! Hey! You could write new song lyrics! Like "Weird Al" Yankovic (American musician and comedy actor). Now there's a new career for ya!