Monday, July 15, 2024

Not a loafer

 

It wasn't school that taught me about life.  I learned by paying attention to which direction my shoes were pointing.  My heels showed my history, but my toes noticed whenever I was coming up to an edge, a drop-off or if I needed to make a change in direction.

I heard a song about fixing a hole where the rain gets in.  That wasn't what stopped my mind from wandering, but what set me to thinking about the type of person who can sing, when the rain was getting in.

That was the direction I wanted my shoes pointing.  For me, textbooks were the cracks that ran through my door, and kept my mind from wandering where it should go.  School was simply a business.  They were there to make money.  It didn’t matter to them if we learned or not.  My shoes and I were on our own.  No student loans required. 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

And you made great choices, read lots of books and you turned out spectacular! Me??? I waited for the movie!