Saturday, July 13, 2024

...or something is about to happen.

 

What I want most is to see the wind.  I don’t just want to feel it, or see the dust and debris it kicks up, but actually see it.  Just the pure wind, no matter from which direction it comes and no matter the force with which it travels.  I don’t care.  Just once in my life I want to see it.

With all our sophisticated technology, nobody has ever filmed it.  The most famous artists have never painted it.  Poets have written about it, authors have mentioned it in passing, yet there are no descriptions.  It has pushed sailing vessels across the ocean.  It has lifted giant balloons up and over mountain tops and it has stood perfectly still in the desert heat.

It was around when the Romans were marching across the land.  It has traveled through every war, through every small town and between city buildings.  It has carried a sneeze farther than you’d think, or a bird’s song through the thick forest.

Whenever it isn’t here, it feels very eerie, like something’s wrong.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

You are absolutely right! I never thought about it - but I have never SEEN the wind either! Yet another one of life's mysteries! Hummmmm