Tuesday, July 30, 2024

The Beetle and the Red Umbrella

 

    With no rain predicted, the beetle took shelter beneath the red umbrella.  I noticed him right away, so I asked him why he was so concerned with rain that had not been predicted. 

 

        “I can feel it.” He said. 


"Are you always right?"


        “Mostly.”


"Well, I can see the clouds from here and those do not look like rain clouds."




        “Word spreads fast through the grass, and the word is that a storm on the other side of the mountain is heading this way.”


    "Should I be worried?"


    “Why should you be worried, you’re the one with the umbrella.”



        As we talked, he made his way along one of the spokes to the outside corner.

    "I see what you mean.  Those clouds look harmless.  I don't suppose you could get me a drink of water."

I couldn't believe he wanted me to get him some water.  "Look, I said, just get yourself on the top side of the umbrella and you'll have all the water you want."


    "Looks like you might be right, I see the clouds are moving in."

    "You'll have to excuse me.  I'm heading inside."


    "Me too.  I'm tucking myself into this corner."










    


 

 

 


No comments: